Robotic Surgery Overview
Robotic-Assisted Minimally Invasive Surgery
By dramatically enhancing visualization, precision, control and dexterity, the da Vinci® System overcomes the limitations of traditional laparoscopic technology, helping physicians to perform complex surgery in a manner never before experienced. With enhanced surgical capabilities, physicians are now able to extend the benefits of minimally invasive surgery to the broadest possible range of patients.
The da Vinci Surgical System consists of an ergonomically designed surgeon’s console, a patient-side cart with four interactive robotic arms, a high-performance vision system and proprietary EndoWrist® Instruments. Powered by state-of-the-art robotic technology, the surgeon’s hand movements are scaled, filtered and seamlessly translated into precise movements of the EndoWrist Instruments.
The System cannot be programmed, nor can it make decisions on its own. The da Vinci System requires that every surgical maneuver be performed with direct input from your surgeon.
The da Vinci Surgical System has been successfully used in tens of thousands of minimally invasive procedures worldwide.
Intuitive Surgical's advances in minimally invasive surgery have received continual support not only from the medical community, but also from patients and their families. The patient benefits of MIS — including faster recovery time, less blood loss and less scaring — have helped drive demand for robotic procedures.
The da Vinci S HD Surgical System integrates 3D HD endoscopy and state-of-the-art robotic technology to virtually extend the surgeon’s eyes and hands into the surgical field. Only the da Vinci System enables new, minimally invasive options for complex surgical procedures.
- Rapid instrument exchange
- Interactive video displays
Unparalleled 3D HD Visualization
- World’s first robotic surgical system with 3D HD vision
- Twice the effective viewing resolution provides improved clarity and detail of tissue planes and critical anatomy
- Panoramic 16:9 aspect ratio is 30% wider, providing 20% more viewing area
- Digital zoom reduces interference between endoscope and instruments
- 0° and 30° stereo endoscopes
Enhanced Dexterity, Precision & Control
- Precise fingertip control of fully articulating EndoWrist® Instruments
- Motion scaling & tremor reduction
- Patented Intuitive® Movement
- Large range of motion robotic arms and extended length instruments enable multi-quadrant access
- Slim, telescoping instrument arms provide better patient access and optimal port placement
- Broad selection of 8mm and 5mm EndoWrist instruments
- Optimal hand-eye alignment
- Comfortable seated posture
Fast, Foolproof Setup
- Quick-click cannula mounts for simplified patient docking
- Integrated 4th arm for rapid deployment
- Touchscreen scope configuration
- Single high-speed fiber-optic connection
- Single-use sterile adaptors with integrated drapes
- Integrated touchscreen monitor
- Telestration for improved proctoring and team communication
- TilePro multi-input display allows an integrated view of patient critical information
- Intuitive status LEDs & icons